Angela is a qualified and experienced talking therapist with extensive knowledge of psychological theories and how the mind works. She is committed to helping people and works respectfully with adults providing a professional and confidential service.
Angela currently runs her private practice with the aim to support people to find a positive outcome no matter what the problem is. She uses an integrative approach which draws on the strengths of different schools of psychotherapy to treat people; as no two people are the same, therefore no one form of therapy will suit everyone.
These different schools include; Psychodynamic, Person Centred Therapy, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Hypnotherapy.
Angela works with a wide range of psychological, emotional and health issues creating a personalised treatment plan just for you where you can:
• Feel less alone with your problem
• Be more accepting of yourself and foster a more positive and helpful outlook
• Figure out problems, find solutions and get unstuck
• Learn about habits, thoughts & feelings that have led to your problem and how to change them
• Regain a sense of control and pleasure in your life
• Succeed in setting goals and the motivation to carry them through
• Build inner resilience and better ways of coping for life's ups and downs for the future
Prior to Angela’s professional training as a therapist she acquired a wealth of experience and knowledge working with vulnerable people from different backgrounds through Arts and Health programs of work. She specialised in using creative approaches to encourage self-expression, raise self-confidence and reducing social isolation as a tutor, trainer, mentor and project development. It is through this work that Angela’s interest in working with people solely with talking therapies began.
Angela has gained qualifications in Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling and Diploma in Hypnotherapy. As a professional member of the National Counselling Society Angela works to a strict code of ethics and professional practice.
With talking therapies there are no boundaries to who it can help as it is unbiased to age, gender, nationality, culture or sexuality.
Ad.Dip.CP, Dip PC, Dip Hyp CS